Subject: identd error
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Kenneth lind <kenneth.lind@mbox2.swipnet.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/22/1998 04:34:13
Hello!

I'm having a problem connecting to irc-servers. All I get when
trying to connect is a message that say: "USER Not enough
parameters".

I haven't had much trouble with anything else so far (exept(sp?)
in my own imagination -:(  But this really beats me..

I've uncommented the "identd"-line in /etc/inetd.conf and made
a few changes along the way, but now it's back to original (I
think). I've set the appropriate env-variables (IRC*) to match my
wishes concering the irc-configuration. All seem to be OK exept
"USER". I have tried to set USER to "<user>" and
"<user>@<localip>", but neither is accepted. I have tried a
few different clients (ircII, tkirc and zircon), but the
problem remains (surprise)..

from /etc/inetd.conf:

--8<---

ident  stream  tcp  wait  nobody.kmem /usr/libexec/identd  identd -w -t60 -o
-e -l -N

--8<---

I am using NetBSD 1.3.2 Amiga.

I am positively sure that I've done something wrong somewhere,
but what?

Thanks in advance.

I hope that it's nothing too serious, because I've grown very
fond of networking in NetBSD, and would really like some IRC'ing
during long, boring ftp-sessions.

BTW. Are there only bots in #NetBSD ?

--

            /
           /  Kenneth Lind

Amiga1200/B1240/40MHz - 32MB   WB3.kludge   NetBSD 1.3.2 & X11R6
IRC & AmiComSys: Exil_B                           ICQ:  17802856