Subject: Re: MySQL
To: Kenneth lind <kenneth.lind@mbox2.swipnet.se>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/09/1998 22:16:54
Hi!

> I'm just wondering if anyone has made a successful build
> of MySQL on NetBSD-amiga?
>
> I'm trying to build version 3.21.33, but there is only support
> for NetBSD 1.0 and 1.1 (not amiga) in the archive. and there
> are also some files missing, and the only one missing so far
> is posix.h. (I tried with a posix.h from some other place (NetBSD
> of course) but it doesn't work.
>
> Perhaps there is a newer version of MySQL somewhere that works?

The problem is the pthreads library, which is AFAIK not (yet?)
available for NetBSD/m68k, at least not officially. George Harvey
has made some patches to make pthreads work with MySQL. I tried to
build MySQL with them, but didn't succeed, but probably I wasn't
trying hard enough :(
But I could send you these patches, maybe you have more patience.

If you are looking for an alternative: MiniSQL works perfectly on
NetBSD/Amiga. Although it has not all the features of MySQL, it is fairly
usable. If you need only a small DBMS, it might be worth saving the
trouble building MySQL.

--
     Joern Clausen                  email: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE