Subject: Re: X11 makes me crazy more and more!!
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/08/1998 21:16:12
> I have tried to comment something (as xclock, xterm etc... but no twm) in my
> xinitrc,
> well, now after "startx" nothing happens! (Exits to shell after 5 seconds
> without doing anything)

 True, at least _one_ program needs to be started during the entire
X11 session. Let that be the clock or the windowmanager, your choice.
Look at Billy's example in the other mail. The ctwm he uses is running
during the entire session. Once stopped, X11 is stopped as well.

 I still do not understand your problem. X11 runs fine for you, but what
are you missing? Once you fixed the above issue, your X11 should run
like a champ.

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/