Subject: Re: rc5-64 cracking and the amiga port of netbsd..
To: None <sudog@dcss.douglas.bc.ca>
From: Stefan Hensen <hensen@wpos4.physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/08/1998 04:25:58
On Fri, 4 Sep 1998 sudog@dcss.douglas.bc.ca wrote:

> I have a lowly 3000/25 at home and would like it to participate in my
> little cluster of computers that I have working on the rc5-64 contest..
>
> unfortunately the 68k netbsd compilation of the rc5des program core dumps
> with "illegal instruction" every single time. Has anyone else been
> successful in running this client on their beloved amigas?

I was able to use a rc5des-netbsd-68k client with NetBSD 1.3 on my A4000
(with CyberStorm MKII 060/50) without any crashes or coredumps. (It only
seems to have a problem with the automatic fallback from DES to RC5 ... so
it's probably better to switch to RC5 by explicitly setting the
corresponding option.)
The version number of that client is v2.7011.394 and the date of the
program file in the archive was 4th Feb 1998. I did not check whether newer
versions exist for NetBSD-68k by now (there are at least newer versions
for AmigaOS).

Regards,

Stefan Hensen

Stefan Hensen