Subject: Kernel build problems
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Damien J. Hill <damien.hill@ukonline.co.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/05/1998 14:05:55
I've just had a go at compiling my own kernel (mainly to get rid of the 24MB
limit).  Following the instructions in the "NetBSD FAQ", I get to the point
where I do the make, and after exactly two hours, I get to the following link
commands and errors:

#bbuilding standard compat library#
#ranlib libcompat.a#
#uilding standard compat library#
#ranlib libcompat.a#
#...... SOME OTHER COMPILES HERE#
#cc  -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 #
#.... OPTIONS CUT HERE#
#  -c vers.c#

#ld -n -Ttext 0 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o#
#aarp.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_sprintf' referenced from text segment#
#clnp_input.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_output' referenced from text segment#
#iso.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_output' referenced from text segment#
#iso_snpac.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_addmulti' referenced from text segment#
#iso_snpac.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_delmulti' referenced from text segment#
#tuba_table.o: Undefined symbol `_arpt_keep' referenced from text segment#
#tuba_table.o: Undefined symbol `_arpt_prune' referenced from text segment#
#tuba_table.o: Undefined symbol `_arpt_prune' referenced from text segment#
#*** Error code 1#

#Stop.#

I got the syssrc distribution from the Gateway 3 disc.  Could there be a
problem with this particular distribution?  I've commented out lots of stuff
in the config file, such as gfx cards etc. but I don't think this is the
problem.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
--