Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: blizzppc.device and NetBSD 1.3.2
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/04/1998 22:08:28
> 	You can make a powerpc/elf crosscompiler, and in fact NetBSD is in
> 	the process of switching to egcs (though there are some issues
> 	with m68k cpus), and it will make crosscompiling even easier.

 Crosscompiling would not work for the kernel, I believe. We have discussed
this matter already on other lists.

> 	We currently have three powerpc ports in the tree, OpenFirmware
> 	based machines, Power macintoshes, and beboxes, so there is
> 	certainly some code that could be used for an amigappc port :)

 Not much though. The OWF-based platforms never really supported hardware
using native code - that is the main reason why the ports where so "fast"
being complete. Same probably applies to the other ports, at least basicly.

> 	Its certainly a very nice project for someone willing to spend the
> 	time and effort to work on! :)

 "The fool on the hill" ?

--
Markus Illenseer