Subject: Re: Problems with X11
To: Alfio Lo Castro <alfio@ede.it>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/31/1998 18:45:58
> I have installed NetBSD on my A4000 (060 and CV64 3D),
> but after installing X11 I have a trouble....
> after typing "startx" the HD works a lot and so the system hangs,

 I hope you have read the INSTALL.X11 manual?

 a) Do you have setup the grfconfig to install the resolutions?
 b) Does your startx include a mode option for the graphic board?
 c) Does your startx include a device option for the graphic board?
 d) What is beeing displayed on the screen after you startx' ?
 e) Does "ctrl alt del" brings you back to the text console?

 Before answering the questions, please make yourself familar with
the INSTALL.X11 manual and try to figure out some of the answers yourself.
Maybe this way you get the answers more fast and have a positive
feeling about your abilities :-)

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/