Subject: Re: Install-Probs
To: Thomas Gregor <tgregor@nwn.de>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/30/1998 19:51:34
 (BTW, what is a "Probs" ?)

> 1. The install-manual tells i should adjust the //etc//sendmail.cf.
> (YAM seems to have problems with / so doubled them)
> Even if i would know what to adjust... This file is READONLY.

 Just over-write it and send a HUP-signal to the sendmail process, restarting
it.  (ps -aux | grep -i sendmail; kill -HUP PID)

> 2. If i boot in multiuser-mode NetBSD tries to open several ttye channels
> which it doesn't find (exept of ttye3). My console is laid on ttye3.
> This would'n bother me, but MUST it open so many channels only to find
> out that they doesn't exist. And why am i not 'console' as in
> singleuser-mode?

 Just comment-out the tty's you don't need in /etc/ttys (more: "man ttys")
It must open all the possible (and compiled) modes, because it is possible
to run NetBSD/Amiga with several graphic boards at the same time.

 What do you mean with "console"? You are any user in multi-user mode,
and your "console" is a terminal device. You cannot be a "console".

> 4. Then man command doesn't work in multiuser-mode. The only thing
> happens is a rushing cursor in the lowest line of the screen. After
> this the system takes no input from the keyboard anymore. I think
> it depends to ttye3.

 You obviously have a console driver problem.

> Using windows is like driving a FERRARI with a caravan on the hook.

 Then again using UNIX without reading manuals is like using Windows.

> A1200 Z2 Tower + Blizzard 1260 + 32MB + ROM+WB3.0 + 1GB HD + Picasso IV +
> Sony CDU928E CD-R + IDEfix97(reg) + VoyagerNG2(reg) + Miami 3.0(reg)+
> YAM 2.0.0Pre5 + MUI3.8(reg) + MakeCD 3.1(reg)

 I fail to understand the reason for this useless signature, but
anyway: Please temporarily remove the Picasso IV and test NetBSD again.
(And use the -A option for loadbsd) If this doesnt help, you might have
a Blizzard 1260 issue.

--
Markus Illenseer