Subject: Install-Probs
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Gregor <tgregor@nwn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/30/1998 19:19:21
Hi

I just installed NetBSD 1.3.2 on my Amiga.

I am a complete newbie on UNIX and have some problems with the setup-
tweaks.

1. The install-manual tells i should adjust the //etc//sendmail.cf.
(YAM seems to have problems with / so doubled them)
Even if i would know what to adjust... This file is READONLY.

2. If i boot in multiuser-mode NetBSD tries to open several ttye channels
which it doesn't find (exept of ttye3). My console is laid on ttye3.
This would'n bother me, but MUST it open so many channels only to find
out that they doesn't exist. And why am i not 'console' as in
singleuser-mode?

3. In multiuser-mode the system takes nothing from the keyboard after
some minutes. (mostly after some HD-action which occures ever minute
(approximately)). This is quite annoying 'cos i have to reboot :-(

4. Then man command doesn't work in multiuser-mode. The only thing
happens is a rushing cursor in the lowest line of the screen. After
this the system takes no input from the keyboard anymore. I think
it depends to ttye3.

I reinstalled 3 times with the same result.

Installed files (in order of installing)

base.tgz, comp.tgz, etc.tgz, games.tgz, man.tgz, misc.tgz, text.tgz

In erlier installationtries i had installed the whole x11 files too,
but now i want to have a stable system first.

Hoping for assistance
--
Thomas Gregor (tgregor@nwn.de)

Using windows is like driving a FERRARI with a caravan on the hook.

A1200 Z2 Tower + Blizzard 1260 + 32MB + ROM+WB3.0 + 1GB HD + Picasso IV +
Sony CDU928E CD-R + IDEfix97(reg) + VoyagerNG2(reg) + Miami 3.0(reg)+
YAM 2.0.0Pre5 + MUI3.8(reg) + MakeCD 3.1(reg)