Subject: Newbie help X windows
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: None <john36@delphi.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/24/1998 10:21:33
After a few days of trials and tribulations I have got NetBSD 1.3.2
up and running on my current system  (A2000 -040, Picasso II
ADOS 3.1).

I ordered some books to help me out, but they'll take some time to
arrive.

I got X windows running on the graphics card last night   So of
course, the first thing I tried to do was set up the amiga-like
windows manager  (amiwm).  However, I have no idea on how to do
this.  The bin file appears not to be an executable.  So how and/or
where do I change things to get this going?

A second minor question.  Is it still true that there is only 8 bit
support on Cirrus graphics cards, like mine?  If I can get more
colors( 16 or 24 bit) how?

Thanks and I hope I'm not being too primitive here.