Re: BFFS 1.5

Quoting Stefan Hensen (20-Aug-98 00:41:05):

[...]

>> 64 = Report space free relative to minfree (instead of actual)
>>
>> C:Info showed indeed some differences (52% full or 57% full). But
>> what is the difference between both settings?

> On BSD filesystems, the space available to users is usually slightly
> smaller than the real physical size for performance reasons (see
> newfs(8) and tunefs(8), option '-m'). NetBSD's df command displays
> the free space available to users. C:Info usually displays the total
> free space relative to the physical size. If the above mentioned
> option is set, C:Info should display only the free space available
> to users. However, the reported values still seem to differ from
> those displayed by NetBSD's df command.

That's what I noticed as well. Thanks very much so far for your
explanations!

btw, when writing to the NetBSD from AmigaOS using BFFS 1.5 beta, did
you never encounter any serious corruptions to the NetBSD filesystems?

I guess that the fsck operation on NetBSD startup (right after files
were copied to a filesystem from AmigaOS) is quite normal and no
reason to bother, right? This is probably because the clear flag is
not set.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%ibm.net@localhost - geohei%geocities.com@localhost

... better do a good thing today, than a perfect thing tomorrow ...