Subject: Re: system messages in all windows
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/21/1998 18:12:00
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (20-Aug-98 10:28:28):

>> I looked also at syslog.conf(5). However, I had trouble to identify
>> whether the reason for the prinint to all xterm windows is
>> syslog.conf.
>>
>> ----- cut here -----

> this line:

>> *.notice;auth.debug                              root

> will forward every class notice and more urgent message, and every
> authentication message, to every tty line were root is logged in.

> If you start X as root, this is every single xterm.

If you start X as root, let's say with 3 xterm windows, and then you
change user in one xterm window ('su -l iuser'), is this xterm window
then consinderd to belong to root or to user?

When I do this, I continue to get system messages to the xterm window
I changed user.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@ibm.net - geohei@geocities.com