Re: Umlaute

Quoting Markus Illenseer (18-Aug-98 17:41:49):

>> What can I do now to make them usable during normal operation (e.g.
>> when hitting Umlauts when sh/tcsh is running, with vi, ...)?

>  /bin/sh is not 8Bit-able.

I suppose you mean that /bin/sh can never ever show Umlaute, right?
Then try to login to an account, which is using /bin/sh, but where the
$HOME/.profile is not found (deleted, renamed, ...)! When I do this
here, I *get* Umlaute with /bin/sh.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%ibm.net@localhost - geohei%geocities.com@localhost