Subject: Re: BFFS 1.5
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/19/1998 23:35:00
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (18-Aug-98 20:18:54):

> On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 05:12:28PM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>>
>>  1 = Turn on automatic symlink resolution
>>  2 = Turn on case independence.  If you are familiar with the
>>      Amiga filesystem, you probably want to turn this on.

> I feel I should strongly recommend to NOT set this option.

> The AmigaOS file system is _defined_ to be case independent. Same
> for  MS-DOS and OS9 native file systems.

Fine.

How about the safety when writing from AmigaOS to NetBSD using BFFS?
Can this be done without any restrictions?
What do I have to watch?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@ibm.net - geohei@geocities.com

... because water just isn't wet enough !