Subject: Re: BFFS 1.5
To: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/18/1998 20:18:54
On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 05:12:28PM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:

>  1 = Turn on automatic symlink resolution
>  2 = Turn on case independence.  If you are familiar with the
>      Amiga filesystem, you probably want to turn this on.

I feel I should strongly recommend to NOT set this option.

The AmigaOS file system is _defined_ to be case independent. Same for
MS-DOS and OS9 native file systems.

The Unix file systems, however, are defined to recognize case. E.g., Makefile
and makefile are two different files on Unix. The POSIX standard requires
it to stay that way, btw.... I guess this is only useful for debugging, or
if you do NEVER want to use that partition for data exchange with NetBSD.