Subject: Re: Memory problem Part II
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Boehnisch <billy@psycho.uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/10/1998 17:09:57
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> wrote

michael Boehnisch wrote:
[..]

>> Just to add my $.02:  In my A2000 Rev. 6.4 I have to put the
>> Picasso II in the leftmost slot or else boards left of it
> won't get configured most of the time.  I have no idea why.
>
>In your case, a hardware problem of some sort? As NetBSD does NOT
>do any Zorro autoconfiguration of its own, but just reads what
>kickstart passes to it via the bootloader, you should see the same
>lossage on AmigaOS, right?

Correct.  It's not NetBSD specific.

BTW: what is the recommended method to configure memory outside
the ZII address space for NetBSD?  Currently I have to boot
AmigaOS and start a reset-proof program to make the memory on
my DKB 2632 known to the system, then switch to NetBSD via LoadBSD.

Is there a possibility to make the memory available to NetBSD
without this kludge?

Yours,

    Michael B"ohnisch