Memory

Today, I took the plunge, purchased two 8x32 60ns EDO simms for my
warp engine equipped 4000.  Popped them in, and under Workbench, no problem,
I had 96megs fast, 2 chip.  However, when booting into Netbsd, it only
saw 80 (I assume because the other was non-contiguous) and it would
lock up halfway through the initialization, right after it recognized
my arcnet card.  I thought maybe it was some funky auto-config thing, so
I took out the arcnet card, and it still does it.  ANy ideas?

I have  A4000/040  40mhz warp engine
4 scsi harddrives attached, one tape drive, one cdrom
2 32 mb simms int he first two sockets (double sided)
2 16 mbsimms in the next two sockets (single sided)

2 mb Picasso II in the lowest zorro slot.  I have good ventilation and
everything, so I don't think heat is the problem, although the manual for
the WE suggests avoiding double sided simms because of high power consumption.
It will boot fine with just the 2 32's in there.  Any help or ideas
appreciated.

BTW, If I understand the configuration file correctly, I can compile a
kernel to only use the first 64 megs of that chunk?   I am trying this.

Jeff