Subject: Will NetBSD boot from floppy?
From: Net BSD Support <bsd@blkhole.ocn.primenet.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/19/1998 21:53:59
Hi, All:

Having had to replace my hard disk, I determined that the manuals provided
back when I originally purchased my A3000 do not describe how to load
kickstart and workbench to a new HD.  I can boot from the disks, but this
is a somewhat less than desirable situation.  Further, there seems to be
a missing library when all is said and done.

I'd like to know if NetBSD can be booted from floppy, far enough so that a
HD can be initialized (probably not, since all of the instructions seem to
rely on ADOS being available).  If so, how does one go about making the
required floppy(s).  I knew how to do this for SVR4, but haven't a clue
how to proceeded under NetBSD.

If not, where can I find instructions on getting ADOS, Kickstart, et. al.
reinstalled so that I have a system that is bootable from the HD again.

Note: I originally came from SVR4 to NetBSD, bypassing ADOS altogether.  I
did manage to preserve the boot block, so that I can get to NetBSD without
going via ADOS, but I got to thinking that if I'd lost the boot block,
things could get rather grim.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/pointers.
--
  Don Phillips         bsd@blkhole.resun.com
  Research Unlimited