RE: ROMs on board?

Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr%inet.com.pl@localhost> writes:
> My question is: does NetBSD/Amiga make any use of the ROMs located on e.g.
> GVP's boards? In other words: does it matter what ROM do I have on board or
> does NetBSD communicate directly with the SCSI chip after booting?

  Using the existing ROM would be very difficult - any code in the ROM is
almost certainly going to be using AmigaOS Exec functions and libraries
which aren't going to exist in the NetBSD VM environment.  Some boards may
not even have the ROM available anymore when NetBSD starts - the board
autoconfiguration may have removed the ROM from the board's address space.

  So the answer to the ROM version would be - it shouldn't make any difference.
[The could be some problems where a different ROM version initialized a board
differently, and NetBSD is unaware of that difference.]

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA