Subject: Re: Dial-Up PPP
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jochen Schmidt <crashcore@t-online.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/10/1998 13:34:02
Warning: This is a message in MIME format. Your mail reader does not
support MIME. Some parts of this message will be readable as plain text.
To see the rest, you will need to upgrade your mail reader.

This message was composed on an Amiga using the YAM mailer.
YAM is available at http://bitcom.ch/~mbeck/

--BOUNDARY.7495.147.121435568.1

Hi

thanks for your immediate help, but it doesn`t get it.

Yes T-Online uses PAP - authentification. I use the chat-script only to
Dial-Up
the rst should happen in pppd (should... )

On the two T-online CD-ROMs that i have are no doc`s, scripts or anything for
UNIX. but I`ve found linux scripts on a website (Altavista: +T-Online +Unix)
They`re sent with this mail

I`ve also read the Amiga-NetBSD-Networking-FAQ.

To the Situation:
I`ve a installed NetBSD 1.3.2 without modifications (only commented out the
getty -tty00 in ttys). With the for me modified scripts I tried to open a
connection:

hell# pwd
/etc/ppp
hell# ppp-up

then the modem dials and is getting a carrier.
After that the connection is refused because "The PAP-authentification fails"
my username and my password in the pap-secrets file are absolutely RIGHT
(They work on the AmigaOS-Side in Miami)

So my Questions:
1. Is the host-name I`ve choosen while the installation (hell) a problem for
an
   Dial-Up-connection?
2. Are the scripts I`ve found alright?
3. What do I have to configure for Dial-Up PPP on a freshly installed
NetBSD1.3.2
    (any changes in e.g   rc.conf,hosts,netstart..."
4. Will I ever have a Internet Connection with NetBSD???  ;) (joke)

best regards
Jochen Schmidt
crashcore@t-online.de
--BOUNDARY.7495.147.121435568.1

# example for /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
# for: t-online/ppp/pap

# Username und Passwort durch eigene Daten ersetzen
# Anfuehrungszeichen beim Usernamen nicht vergessen!

# client                        server  pw      iplist

# example:
"xxxxxxxxxxx#0001"   *       xyxyxyxyx:

--BOUNDARY.7495.147.121435568.1

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/ppp/ppp-up
 =

# ppp-script for t-online / ppp / pap via modem
# (c) Klaus Franken, S.u.S.E. GmbH Fuerth, Germany
# 18.06.97, kfr@suse.de

# configure here:

# user name:
USER=3D"xxxxxxxxxxx#0001"
# (set passwort in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets)

# uncomment only for debugging:
CHATDEBUG=3D"-v -V"
DEBUG=3D"debug"

# no need to configure:
localip=3D0.0.0.0
remoteip=3D
device=3D/dev/tty00
pppflags=3D"19200 modem defaultroute crtscts noipdefault -as 0  netmask 2=
55.255.255.0 user $USER"

# start
/usr/sbin/pppd lock $DEBUG connect "/usr/sbin/chat $CHATDEBUG -f /etc/ppp=
/ppp.chat.to" $device $pppflags $localip:$remoteip

--BOUNDARY.7495.147.121435568.1

TIMEOUT 5
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT BUSY