Subject: nfs problems with Solaris 2.6 nfs server
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Håkan Thörngren <hth@analytik.analytikerna.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/09/1998 09:18:02
I have a standard Amiga 3000 running NetBSD 1.2.1 and it has worked
*great*.  Our home directories has been on an old Sun IPC which
was nfs mounted using a symbolic link to /net on the Amiga.

A few weeks ago, I added (borrowed) a new Sun (with Solaris 2.6) to
the collection and moved one of the home directories to it.
For a start, it seemed to work just fine, but it appear that after
hours of "idle", the Amiga starts to hang processes that uses that
particular nfs import.  Nfs mounts from the old Sun and other
processes continue to work without any problems.
The old Sun has no such problems when importing from the 2.6 machine.

It seems that if I log out and then log in a day later, there is no problem.
The problem only seems occur after long idle periods.

Is this a known problem?  How can I solve it?