Re: Writable Amiga dos file system

Ignatios Souvatzis <is%jocelyn.rhein.de@localhost> writes:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 1998 at 05:30:08AM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> > > It makes writing to netbsd partitions possible but I experienced
> > > some problems after using it this way. The safest method AFAIK is
> > > still to READ ONLY NetBSD partitions from AmigaOS side and READ ONLY
> > > AmigaOS partitions from NetBSD's side.
> >
> > I tested BFFS 1.5beta for a while now in writing mode and did not
> > encounter any problems, except the NetBSD/fsck reports "MAKING FILE
> > SYSTEM CLEAN" after AmigaOS accessed a NetBSD file system in writing.
> >
> > Is this normal and/or unavoidable?
>
> Hm... looks like it doesn't know about NetBSD clean flags, which were added
> only "recently".

  The clean flag is normally only set when the filesystem is unmounted,
which doesn't [normally] happen on AmigaOS.  I suppose BFFS could keep
track of the state of buffers, and whenever all modifed buffers have
been written to disk, it could set the clean flag.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA