Subject: Re: localtime
To: Georges Heinesch <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rasmus Wiman <rasmus@ebox.tninet.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/19/1998 02:21:00
18-Jun-98 20:18:00, Georges Heinesch (ghmlist@ibm.net) wrote:

>When I start NetBSD, all times are 2 hours ahead of the present time.

>It looks like ...

>1. ... either the Amiga system time should be set to UTC, but in this
>   case all Amiga applications would work with UTC (which is not
>   desired) or that ...

>2. NetBSD TZ should be set to UTC (not to Luxembourg).

>What is the correct way to do it?

If you compile your own kernel you could use the option RTC_OFFSET, but you
would still be one hour off because of daylight saving time. I solved that
problem by setting a TZ that didn't use daylight time. BTW, I think daylight
time is a stupid idea... ;)

                        Rasmus  Wiman
                   THE LAST SURFER IN HELL

rasmus@ebox.tninet.se (Preferred)