Re: more on mozilla problems

Arto Huusko <arto.huusko%pp.qnet.fi@localhost> writes:
> Hello all,
>
> As  I  suspeceted  removing  GRF_AGA from kernel config did not change
> anything:  mozilla remained not working.
>
> The  older  mozilla  version (the very original) maybe still available
> from  www.bga.com/~khym/netbsd  (not  sure  of the path) however works
> fine on my A4000 (not fine, but it works). So, the problems are likely
> in package changes made for NetBSD?
>
> BTW,  what  kind  of A4000 do you have Michael?  Original 3640 or some
> other?  Mine has WarpEngine 4033.
>
> (Others  who have working/not working mozilla could give hints on your
> hardware so that this could get resolved)

  I have found one thing that affects running mozilla-export:  I just
updated to libX11.so.6.1, libXext.so.6.3, and libICE.so.6.3;  now
mozilla-export gets a segmentation fault before it even opens a window.
[The original versions of these libraries I was using were 6.0.]  Backing
up to the the old libX11.so.6.0 gets it working again.

  It would appear that the problem would be associated with libX11.so.6.3.
The original problem that Dave Huang [who made the mozilla-netbsd-m68k]
reported on port-m68k was a code generation bug in libX11.a when using
-O2 optimization.  Looking at the same area with libX11.so.6.3 looks
like it was compiled with -O, so it's not the same exact problem.  I
am unable to get any information on where it's getting the segmentation
fault, so I don't know if the problem is a code generation bug in libX11
or something else.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA