Subject: Re: Installation issues
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/10/1998 00:44:46
On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  Floppy? You sure you want that? I rather prefer miniroot with
> RAM image. Upto 3 or 4MB is always available. Amiga moved from floppies
> to miniroot. We do not want floppies back, eh! :-)

	There is something very nice about being able to take a floppy
	along to a machine with a network interface and no other special
	software, and to perform a full install. I've used various
	vintages on NetBSD install on i386, sparc, sun3, and vax... The
	current sysinst is by far the nicest of those (I confess ignorance
	with respect to the amiga install).

	I think it would be nice to have an option to do either...