Subject: Re: Installation issues
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/10/1998 00:13:14
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  This weekend I let install a user NetBSD/Amiga on his A3000, 2 internal
> SCSI drives, 1 external CD-ROM and 1 external CD-R from CD-ROM.
>
> [-- Various problems - hopefully all submitted via send-pr :) --]
>
>  The entire installation procedure is way too complicate. What could
> we do to ease it? Is there a NetBSD-Project for all plattforms for the
> installation procedure?

	Other platforms are moving towards sysinst where possible.
	I don't know if you can fit a gzipped amiga kernel plus fs on
	a 880kB floppy, but if you can it could make installation much
	easier... Does the amiga port have bootable floppies?

		David/absolute

          -=-  "Give me one last video, just dressed in black"  -=-