Subject: RE: mozilla does not work!
To: None <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@msu.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/07/1998 14:54:41
Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi> writes:
> Someone here said that he got mozilla working on Amiga. How
> can I do it?

  That would be me, but I don't know why I can run it and you (and
others can't);

> On my machine (4000/36 RAM/NetBSD 1.3) mozilla does not work. It
> starts to start up fine, meaning that mozilla-export loads to
> memory fine and also starts to print out some Motif configuration
> errors about scrollers and opens up two Netscape: error windows
> complaining about DNS stuff. But the main window does not open
> but the execution terminates to Segmentation fault. (moz-export
> still has the libutil problem - even 19980429 release)

  The machine I've gotten it running on is an A2000 with a 33Mhz Progressive
Peripherals Zeus and 32Mb fast memory.  It's running a recent -current
version of NetBSD.

  I just tried it on my A4000/40 with 16Mb fast memory using a -current
kernel from Saturday's SUP.  I get the same results as Arto on this
machine.  I've tried running it under gdb, but when it gets the segmentation
fault, things are really messed up.  The stack pointer is 0, the frame
pointer is something like 0xfea, and the program counter is pointing to
what started out as text strings.  At that point, I am unable to examine
any of the memory in the mozilla process.  By interruping execution before
it gets the segmentation fault, I could examine the process memory at the
beginning of execution, but after a while I was not able to.  Strange.

  This problem would seem to be dependent upon the hardware configuration,
but I can't think of what it might be.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA