More Questions

Hi!

One thing in advance:
I´m not that "interactive" on this list: As my email-account only allows me
a max of 30 mails, and as I can´t go online every day, I simply post my
questions and wait for the answers in the archive :-( . This might cause
some inconsequences.

O.K., ´nuff complainin´, back to business:

My config:
A4000/3640/25Mhz,16MB Fast, GVP Series II SCSI with 8MB 16Bit-Mem, CV64/3D

1. The Amiga-internal serial device: Can anybody tell me about experiences,
up to wich speed NetBSD can handle it reliably? Miami3´s custom driver makes
57600 (or so), is this possible with NetBSD, too (see my config above)?

2. Somebody asked that a while ago, but I didn´t find an answer in the
mailing-list-archive: A description of loadbsd´s options! I want to make use
of the 16Bit-RAM (as a BTN-Solution ;-), but, as I mailed before, NetBSD
crashes while booting. Might be, that some mysterious option of loadbsd
helps...

3. As there are always questions about literature: I like the book "Unix
System V Rel. 4" from Rosen, Rosinsky, Farber and Host (german version
available). O.K., it´s not about BSD, but with a bit phantasy it can help a
lot!

4. And now for something completely different: I was quite interested in
that historical discussion concerning the origins of the AmigaOS taking
place in this list. As there seemed to be quite a few competent mailers: If
it was not that problem to compile all the AmigaOS under NetBSD (as
allegedly done by Olaf Barthel), what was/is the problem porting the AmigaOS
to a new, more powerful platform (say PPC): Hey, those guys at Amiga,
whoever is the current boss, are supposed to have PAID programmers to do
that, or am I wrong? And just look at those UNPAID programmers, what they
are capable of... (Yeah, it might be not easy, but at least feasible).

Thanks in advance!

--
Alexx Riedel
mailto:101.128890%germany.net@localhost

"Come judgement day, I´ll be tying the noose
 And slipping it around your neck"
(CockSparrer: Get A Rope)