Re[2]: X11-probs

Am 16-Apr-98 schrieb Stephen C. Rigler:

>> Hi,
>>
>> The install-problem is gone.
>>
>> But I didn´t manage to get "startx" to work.
>>
>> Sven
>
> Any error messages your are receiving might be helpful at this point.
I posted them some hours ago :-)

Again:
If I try to run "startx" I get an error saying "X connection to :0.0 broken
(expl. kill or server shutdown)"
Everything is setup as described in INSTALL.X11. I made a grfmodes-file for my
CV643d and load it at boot
time with grfconfig. All settings are made (path, lib). Everything is done as
root.
Trying to start X "by hand" works but this couldn´t be the right way to go...
I even tried the changes mention in the section "setuid" of INSTALL.X11. Same
thing.

Any help welcome.

regards
Sven

Mail:  Sven Differt: <differt%alpha.fh-furtwangen.de@localhost>
Talk:  <guybrush%ghb.fh-furtwangen.de@localhost>
A4000T,32MB,CS 060/50,Cybervision 64/3D,OS3.1,Ethernet,SCSI HD/CD/ZIP