Subject: Re: AmigaDOS (Was: Re: where can I get Software for 68k NetBSD
To: Bruce Drake <bruce@synxcti.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/15/1998 17:51:54
At 10:18 AM 4/15/98 -0400, Bruce Drake wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>Having been on the team that converted the AmigaDOS C: commands into 'C'
>from BCPL for the 2.0 release, I can add some info and perspective here
>(for the curious of course).

Right, I'm not much help here. I was, oh, 15?

>For 2.0 (called 1.4 back then), John Toebes and friends offered to recode
>the C: commands and assist with the design of the new dos.library.  We

Ha!

You left out the part of the story where the guy making the BBQ caught on fire.

Unrelated question: My A3000 still has the original 50Mb Quantum drive that
it boots from. If I cut on the machine and the drive isn't there but a power
cycle revives it then is my drive about to die?

Oh, this reminds me: It's time for everyone to check their clock battery
again. They go bad (while still working) and leak on the motherboard,
destroying it. CHECK YOUR BATTERY.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/