Subject: Re: AmigaDOS (Was: Re: where can I get Software for 68k NetBSD
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/15/1998 01:48:09
At 11:16 PM 4/14/98 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>> > what did they use for the BCPL parts?

>uhm... you talk about modern AmigaOS? It no longer has BCPL, since
>at least V36 (corresponding to release 2.0) , I think. :-)

Correct. I remember John Toebes talking about the rewrite (that is, before
he left ASDF).

Although I believe they used SAS/C when they did the rewrite of dos.library
at least. Were there any other parts in BCPL other than dos.library? That
was the one library that didn't follow the normal library calling
conventions (roughly?).

John's exact statement was "Guess which compiler they used.". This while he
was employeed in the compiler group at SAS Institute.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/