Subject: Re: where can I get Software for 68k NetBSD ?
To: None <Malibann@t-online.de>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/14/1998 23:06:13
> And now I ask for some software to install.

 cd /usr
 ftp ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc.tar.gz (1MB)
 tar zxf pkgsrc.tar.gz
 cd pkgsrc
 make install

 Afterwards you will have about 500MB less space on your hard drive :-)

 Of course you could install whatever you want, not the entire packages.

> I allways hoped I could get some older software for the 68k Suns, that could be
> executed under NetBSD 68k. But there is nothing on the Net. Even Netscape is
> only available in intel, spark, PPC, and hp-risc Versions but not for a 68k
> Unix.

 Not true. Netscape is now available :-)

 Try out this one:
 http://www.bga.com/~khym/netbsd/mozilla-netbsd-m68k.gz  (2.5 MB)

 As for other (commercial) software: Maple for Sun3 works (if you have
shared libs from SunOS), Greenhill C-Compiler does, too (this was the
Compiler used to compile AmigaOS). Otherwise, I never tried any other
software, I am happy with the huge amount of freely available and
distributable software.

--
Markus Illenseer