Subject: Re: Netscape
To: None <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/12/1998 13:58:42
Ok, after recompiling a kernel a kernel that could handle text segments
above 6MB, freeing up some diskspace and downloading the precompiled
Mozilla, I gave it a testdrive.

To my knowledge ( I only have tried out lynx and chimera/arena )
this beast is actually quite usable and fast compared to other X11 based
browsers. Lynx is still faster for an obvious reason :)

frame stuff is just fine, as is downloading.
As this is a developers beta, it still has substantionals shortcomings
one is ofcourse that it is linked with lesstif instead of Motif
but it is doing just fine (when you ignore the occasional debug requester
or two) It starts very slow when you invoke it for the fist time,and oh yes
disactivate javascript because it bombs out very quickly when encountering
a page with it. tcsh users are encouraged to do a limit coredumpsize 0

Test system was a 060 based A1200 with only 8bit AGA used and 48mb of ram
onboard: You'll need it!

(Memory: 27M Act 14M Inact 5064K Wired 704K Free 21M Swap 8K Swap free)

Regards,
	Ruben
--