Re: Amiga X server and cv3d card

On Fri Apr 10 09:34:27 1998, Georges Heinesch wrote:

> In a message of 07-Apr-98 20:51:35, Markus Illenseer wrote:
>
> >>      I got a cv64/3d card the other day and I've been trying to do
> >> modes
> >>      > 8 bit with no real luck. The 16 bit depths have a REALLY wacked
> >>      out colormap that I can't seem to correct and the 24 bit modes
> >>      are just black. The modes work Ok under ADOS in 16 and 24 so I'm
> >>      wondering what voodoo I'm missing to tell the X server what to
> >>      do?
>
> >  AFAIK, the modes >8Bit arent supported at all.
>
> The X11.INSTALL says that the CV64 would support 8,15,16,24,32(!?)
> planes, however the ReadCVMonitor-1.0 "comments" the >8bit modes in
> the grfmodes file?
>
> Why is this?

Because Michael Teske programmed ReadCVMonitor to read first the 8bit
modes and print it out and then the 16bit,24bit and 32bit modes.

Thats reminds me that I have to put a new converter from Giorgio Terzi
into the source tree which handels the new grfconfig format for 1.3.

> Can I "decomment" them for usage?

Yes, but renumber the first number for the >8 bit modes so you don't
have duplicated mode numbers.

Bernd