Subject: Re: Amiga X server and cv3d card
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/10/1998 09:05:43
In article <2592.7404T574T1357@ibm.net>,
	Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net> writes:
> The X11.INSTALL says that the CV64 would support 8,15,16,24,32(!?)
> planes,

It does.

> ... however the ReadCVMonitor-1.0 "comments" the >8bit modes in
> the grfmodes file?
> Why is this?

Because modes with more than 8BPP don't work for all boards, and because
lot of those CGraphX modes exceed the chip's limit.

> Can I "decomment" them for usage?

Yes. But NetBSD might not accept some of these modes because by default
it doesn't overclock the CV64 like CGraphX does.

> Besides that, grfcv and grfconfig say (when booting) that the modi 9,
> 10 and 13 exceed the pixelclock.

They do.

> How can I avoid those warnings during booting?

You have to compile a kernel with "options CV_AGGRESSIVE_TIMING".

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/