Subject: Re: Amiga X server and cv3d card
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@MR.Net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/08/1998 15:40:17
> Greetings,
>
> 	I got a cv64/3d card the other day and I've been trying to do modes
> 	> 8 bit with no real luck. The 16 bit depths have a REALLY wacked
> 	out colormap that I can't seem to correct and the 24 bit modes
> 	are just black. The modes work Ok under ADOS in 16 and 24 so I'm
> 	wondering what voodoo I'm missing to tell the X server what to
> 	do?
>
> 	Also, it appears that the 1.3 cv64/3d driver panics if it isn't
> 	allowed to be console but is defined. It would be nice to be able
> 	to keep the native Amiga video as console and use the cv64/3d as
> 	a second head.
>
> 	Are any of the above quirks delt with in 1.3.1 or -current?

Rob:

- the former is a X server problem (no driver problem). When somebody writes 16 and
  24 bit support for CV3d, it will work.

- the latter is a bug. Once it is proberly reported, somebody can look at it.
  I couldn tell, and I suggest you read the source-changes archive to find out.

Regards,
	Ignatios