Subject: still problems with >32MB
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/06/1998 15:17:09
Hello!

I only had time to try Ignatios' patches very recently, and I have tried
the generic kernel of NetBSD-1.3.1. Unfortunately, I still have the
problem, that when I start NetBSD with "twoseg" or "manyseg", the
machine hangs when I say

   fsck /dev/sd2a

where sd2a is a valid 1.3 root-filesystem (or I can use any other valid
partition). It's not a panic (at least not what I call a panic), instead
I still get a single "v" or "p" on the screen, and then the machine hangs.

I tried 1.3 plus the patches, with different values for NKMEMCLUSTERS
(up to 1024), but always with the same result. I guess, 1.3.1 is
essentialy the same, isn't it?

Is there something else I can do? Switch on some debugging output?

My machine: A3000 (2 MB Chip + 16 MB Fast), CSMkII060/50 (with 32 MB),
Retina Z3, Ariadne. "gobsd oneseg" selects the 32 MB on the CS.

Hm, I'll try to get another 32 MB Simm, I'd like to know if I get the
same error with 64 MB contiguous memory...

--
     Joern Clausen                  email: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE