Subject: Re: AfterStep
To: Georges Heinesch , netbsd-amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/06/1998 10:03:03
On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 07:40:43AM +0200, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> I just downloaded the AfterStep (window manager) archive from their
> Homepage (www.afterstep.org). On their homepage, it doesn't say if the
> code runs with NetBSD, Linux or whatever. Since the page is powered by
> Linux, I'm afraid that AfterStep only runs with Linux ;(
>
> - Is anybody running AfterStep with NetBSD/amiga 1.3?
Yes, I am :)

> - Where can I find window managers running with NetBSD/amiga 1.3?

It is not provided as a package yet ?
just grab afterstep, cd to its source directory and (as per default for all
Imake based applications) issue a

xmkmf; make Makefiles (or make Makefile, is f there is only one); make depend
; make

You should get a working afterstep out of it. hope you're using a graphics
card of some kind if you insist to use the default configuration :)

> TIA
>
> --
> Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
>     geohei@ibm.net - geohei@geocities.com
>     http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/2480
>     PGP 2.6.3i / 5.0i public key on request and on public servers
>
> ... have a plan and make it work ...

Regards,
	Ruben

--