Subject: Re: other SCSI prob (Re: NetBSD 1.3.1)
To: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/03/1998 12:01:52

> Well, I took the 1.3.1/1.3 source diff, and aplied it to my 1.3 kernel sources
> The kernel just builds fine, but the whole system jumps in the debugger
> after the ncr driver (I have a well known FAS 216 board) complains
> about some SCSI phase changes.

Can you "continue" at this point? Whats the "trace"back? Whats the exact
panic reason?

> Well, it is just my patching that made it goof up, or is there something
> else happening ?

There's already a PR about this. Apparently, some fix for a sparc problem in
the chip driver has broken the some Amiga FAS boards.

I suggest that you try to revert the changes to the
/sys/dev/ic/ncr53c9x* files. If this doesn't help, stay with 1.3 kernel
for the moment.

Regards,
	Ignatios