Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3.1
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/02/1998 22:15:46
On 02.04.98, 21:15:33, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> 2) I made a /etc/grfmodes file from my (AmigaDOS) monitor file, which works
>    fine. But under NetBSD it says "grfcv: Pixelclock too high in mode nn" for
>    some modes. Is this just a warning, or does it mean that this mode don't
>    work?

I think it means that these modes are too high. The CV64 can be (and is with
CyberGraphX) driven beyond its specs. Add the line

options CV_AGGRESSIVE_TIMING

to the kernel configuration file and make a new kernel.
With that the modes using a high clock rate will work, too.

I have also been running the CV64 beyond specification for quite some time
without trouble, but be aware that this is not guaranteed.

> I noticed that there weren't any other programs (binaries) on the ftp site (I
> used one of the norwegian mirrors). Where can I find precompiled binaries for
> NetBSD 1.3.1? (Or source ready to compile & install, if there are no binaries)

NetBSD 1.3 introduced a new package system. You only need to fetch some small
files (called pkgsrc) and the source archives will be fetched, built and installed
with a few simple commands.

I don't know the exact location, but it shoudl be easy to find on the NetBSD
ftp server and mirrors.

--
Bernd Sieker