Subject: Re: I need some Help
To: None <Malibann@t-online.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/27/1998 22:18:57
> *** Weitergeleitete Nachricht, ursprünglich von David Brownlee am 23-Mär-98 ***
>
> I have tried to install Amiga Netbsd-1.3 on my A2000, after I've got some
> seriuos troubles I wrote this Email because I really need some Help with it:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > this adress was the onliest one in the NETBSD Installation document that
> deals
> > with the magic word ' help '.
> > I'm searching someone who can give me some help installing NetBSD-1.3 on a
> > Amiga 2000 with a Blizzard 2060. I have some experience installing NetBSD-1.0
> > on a A1200 1230 but this Version seems to have some bugs concerning the 060
> MMU
> > handling. Or my handling of NetBSD-1.3 is causing some bugs on it ;-) .

Most certainly not. Could still be optimized a bit, but its not broken.
I'm typing this at a 68060 machine that just finished a complete system
(not only kernel) recompilation this morning; this should be enough proof.

> here is an exact description from the problems I have got:
>
> Installation Problem:
> Installing Netbsd with miniroot.fs in /swap (sd0b)
>
> Installation:
> disklabel: /dev/rdonec No such file or direktory

Yes.

this sounds like you should have specified "sd1" or maybe "sd0"
when you typed "sdone" instead, sometime during the installation...

[...]
> the next problems deals with the kernel I have got ( please know I can't
> change it in this early state of installation )
>
> the kernel is totaly instable after playing arround with some shell commans
> like cat or ls it hangs up, wit an error report like this:
>
> df ....
>
> Data modified on freelist: word 7 of
> object 0x6ca100 size 72 previous type VM
> object (0xdea9beef != 0xdeadbeef)
> vm_fault (0x1dc000, 20390000, 1, 0) -> 1
> type 8, code [mmu,,ssw]:1051000
> trap type 8, code = 1051000 v=2039001d
> pid=3, pc=000EA05A, ps=2000, sfc=1, dfc=1
>
> It's an A2000 with an Blizzard 2060 48MB Fast 1 MB Chip Ram.
> 2 SCSI Disks on the Blizzard SCSI
> SD1 ID 4
> SD0 ID 3
> CD0 ID 7

Most probably the Big Amiga Syndrome. Worked around in NetBSD-1.3.1,
will be fixed in 1.3.2.

easy workaround is to specify a memory limit to the kernel when loadbsd-ingg
it, like:

loadbsd -m 32768 (that, or even 16384, should work fine for installation
and to compile a new kernel).

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis