Subject: Re: /dev/reload and swap remounting..
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/26/1998 02:00:20
On 25.03.98, 23:26:31, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> we have /dev/reload, and it is only supported on Amigas, not DraCos, and should
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that because it loads the kernel into ChipRAM temporarily?

> go away now that we have bootblocks.
>
> ... it only works if you reboot exactly the same kernel... well mostly...
> ... and there are reports that it doesnt work at all, nowadays.

It works to some extent on my machine (A4000, WarpEngine4040), but after
rebooting via /dev/reload the system is very unstable and usually locks
up after a few minutes. After experiencing this one or two times, I always
rebooted "the long way".

--
Bernd Sieker