Subject: I need some Help
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gerd Kautzmann <Malibann@t-online.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/26/1998 00:09:24
*** Weitergeleitete Nachricht, urspr=FCnglich von David Brownlee am 23-M=E4=
r-98 ***

I have tried to install Amiga Netbsd-1.3 on my A2000, after I've got some=

seriuos troubles I wrote this Email because I really need some Help with =
it:

> Hello,
> =

> this adress was the onliest one in the NETBSD Installation document tha=
deals
> with the magic word ' help '.
> I'm searching someone who can give me some help installing NetBSD-1.3 o=
n a
> Amiga 2000 with a Blizzard 2060. I have some experience installing NetB=
SD-1.0
> on a A1200 1230 but this Version seems to have some bugs concerning the=
 060
MMU
> handling. Or my handling of NetBSD-1.3 is causing some bugs on it ;-) .=

> So if anyone out hears my and knows about this stuff please answer my e=
mail.
> =

> If this is a totaly wrong adress to ask for help please give me a bette=
r one.
 =

I was told to ask someona at port-amiga@netbsd.org

here is an exact description from the problems I have got:

Installation Problem:
Installing Netbsd with miniroot.fs in /swap (sd0b)

Installation:
disklabel: /dev/rdonec No such file or direktory

The following will be used for the root filesystem:
sd0a /

/install: cannot create /tmp/filesystems
read only filesystem

I have checked this errors and the install script is telling the trues / =
is
a read only filesystem.

how could this be, any Ideas for help ?

the next problems deals with the kernel I have got ( please know I can't
change it in this early state of installation )

the kernel is totaly instable after playing arround with some shell comma=
ns
like cat or ls it hangs up, wit an error report like this:

df ....

Data modified on freelist: word 7 of
object 0x6ca100 size 72 previous type VM
object (0xdea9beef !=3D 0xdeadbeef)
vm_fault (0x1dc000, 20390000, 1, 0) -> 1
type 8, code [mmu,,ssw]:1051000
trap type 8, code =3D 1051000 v=3D2039001d
pid=3D3, pc=3D000EA05A, ps=3D2000, sfc=3D1, dfc=3D1

It's an A2000 with an Blizzard 2060 48MB Fast 1 MB Chip Ram.
2 SCSI Disks on the Blizzard SCSI
SD1 ID 4
SD0 ID 3
CD0 ID 7

A Picollo Grafikcard
and a Live Video Digitizer

Is there any known bug with the 2060 ?

If other kernels for the 060  exists where could I get them ?

-- =

mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / with many regards
               Gerd Kautzmann