Re: /dev/reload and swap remounting..

In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.980325161842.28115K-100000%like.duh.org@localhost>
you write:
> /dev/reload is a Linuxism that we don't, and probably never will, have.

Um... actually, the amiga port has has it since just about the dawn of time.

> Copying a kernel to /dev/reload just copies it to a file called
> "/dev/reload", not any device.  "ls -l /dev/reload" and see what I mean.

"grep reload /usr/src/etc/etc.amiga/MAKEDEV" and see what I mean :-)

It isn't reliable, though. If the new kernel is very much different than
the running one, things go haywire. I never used it, for that reason.
This could well be his problem.

(IMHO, it's too fragile and should just be nuked)