Re: ZIP drives compatiable with NetBSD 1.3?

Jason Thorpe answered:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:34:05 GMT
>  astaude%silas.cc.monash.edu.au@localhost (AS) wrote:
>
>  > Are SCSI ZIP drives compatiable with NetBSD?
>
> Yes.  They work like regular scsi disks.

translated: on NetBSD/Amiga Amiga you need to have a RDB "RDSK" &
RDB "PART" on the medium, at least.

Hopefully, this problem will be eased when we move to wedges in the future.

Your options are:

- If you want to use the ZIPs just to transfer data from and to PCs running
MS-DOS, I'd suggest using the "mtools" package, available from our pgk
collection.

- If you want the media for local backup, maybe using tar or dump/restore
on the raw device is an option

- If you want to use the medium as a regular disk under NetBSD/Amiga, put
a RDB on it (under AmigaOS, using HDTOOLBOX)

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis