Subject: Re: /dev/reload and swap remounting.. (fwd)
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/25/1998 14:12:45
> : Does our /dev/reload not work correctly? I am not send-pr'ing this because
> : it might be on purpose,
>
> /dev/reload is a Linuxism that we don't, and probably never will, have.
>
> Copying a kernel to /dev/reload just copies it to a file called
> "/dev/reload", not any device.  "ls -l /dev/reload" and see what I mean.
> You have to copy the kernel to /netbsd and *reboot*.
>
> Your swapctl problem is unrelated to this.

root:battle>/local/chimera-2.0a14/chimera 119 ]ls -l /dev/reload
crw-------  1 root  wheel    2,  20 Feb  1 18:03 /dev/reload
root:battle>/local/chimera-2.0a14/chimera 120 ]

If I cp netbsd to this (whatever it is, if it's not a device file) my
machine freezes for a moment and reboots.

I just cp'd it to double-check and re-determine if I am cp'ing it or
cat'ing it--cp'ing it did it. I then proceeded to ls -l the /dev/reload
and got the above beast. Maybe it's a left-over from someone's fiddling..
beats me.

In my latest test /dev/reload works perfectly and as long as I umount,
then the swap problem disappears. I must be in single-user mode, nice
clean environment, however.

marc