Subject: Re: /dev/reload and swap remounting..
To: None <tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/25/1998 16:21:28
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA wrote:

: Does our /dev/reload not work correctly? I am not send-pr'ing this because
: it might be on purpose,

/dev/reload is a Linuxism that we don't, and probably never will, have.

: Anyway, I was in single-user mode and everything was umounted, everything
: was in the correct state. (Except perhaps the swap--that I'm not so sure
: about, which could be the root of my problem.) I cp ./netbsd /dev/reload
: and things were working great. Everything started up right, things were
: puttering along, when suddenly on the swapctl in my startup, it refused to
: mount the swap partition on my drive.
:
: Is this documented behaviour?

Copying a kernel to /dev/reload just copies it to a file called
"/dev/reload", not any device.  "ls -l /dev/reload" and see what I mean.
You have to copy the kernel to /netbsd and *reboot*.

Your swapctl problem is unrelated to this.