Newbie Qs

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the console, ite and graphics.

1. How do I find out which on which ttye console is?
2. How do I change it?
3. Can CV64/3D (ttye7) be a console?
4. Why iteconfig does nothing?

OK. More info: system is NetBSD 1.3, A4000, 36MB fast,
Cybervision64/3D.

I am not absolutely sure but it seems that NetBSD uses the
custom chips for console, not the CV.

Iteconfig then. For example writing Iteconfig -i
I of course do get the info (what it says is not relevant,
read on). Lets say the colors are 0xabcdef, 0x123456 etc.
If I change the colors nothing happens on the screen
but iteconfig -i does show the new color values.
-w, -h, -d switches have no effect either.

Attempting to use iteconfig -f /dev/ttye7 complains something
like: illegal ioctl on device.

Oh, one more thing: I had my root and usr dirty so I run
fsck. It reports no errors or need to fix anything and asks
should the file system be marked clean. I say OK, do it and
reboot the computer (with the reboot command, of course).
But the filesystems are still dirty. Again fsck, then
umount -av and mount -av and still the usr is dirty! Why?

--
         Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko%pp.qnet.fi@localhost