Subject: floppy drive question
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Håkan Thörngren <hth@analytik.analytikerna.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/03/1998 11:51:04
I am considering getting a HP9114 floppy disk drive.  This is an
old 3.5" battery powered device for the HP interface loop (HPIL).
It is able to store roughly 600K on a floppy.  I have no real
idea what the floppy format is, someone said SINGLE density
double sided.

I would like to take such floppies and put them into my
Amiga 3000/NetBSD 1.3 and access the floppies with 'dd'.  This
would give some kind of floppy image file that I can manipulate
to extract information from and write data to.  It could also be
used for simple floppy backups.

Could this work?  How raw data can 'dd' read from a floppy?