Subject: Re: Dial In
To: None <thomas@swn.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/02/1998 20:50:30
Hi Thomas,

> Yep. My question was: How have I to send modem commands? E.g. S0=0 for auto
> answering and other config stuff. Have I to kick
> out getty in /etc/ttys, replace it with chat, and chat fiddles with the modem
> and starts a getty? Which thing sends Hayes commands
> to the modems for configuring them?

Oh, I misunderstood earlier.

Normally, you switch off getty (by setting the line to offline in /etc/ttys
and kill -HUP 1), and use some terminal program to program the modem and save
the configuration.

If you want to do per-session initialization, yes, you would have to get and
compile and run mgetty; getty doesn't provide for this.